The role of the Assistant Planner will contribute to the Planning Strategy which ultimately aims to use intuitive process to present the correct product to the relevant market at the right time; in doing so maximising gross profit.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a Buyer's/Merchandise Assistant role or Allocator within a buying or purchasing team with a broad understanding of the buying process
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures as it relates to the buying function
- Previous experience with Merchandising systems
- High attention to detail, strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Flexible and open mind with a willingness to learn and contribute in a collaborative team environment
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist Head of Planning in preparation of useful performance reporting. Present reporting in a timely manner at a high standard to relevant parties (Head of Planning, General Manager, Head of Product/Buyer and Retail Team). This reporting will include but is not limited to:
- Weekly sales reporting
- Periodical season, category and style performance reporting
- Post-seasonal analysis reporting
- Stock-holding and performance reporting
- Action weekly stock management decisions i.e. stock consolidation, markdowns, re-pricing
- Place purchase orders and send to production team for placement, or directly to third party suppliers where applicable. This will include the use of generated reporting to:
- Ensure the right amount of stock is allocated to the right stores
- Ensure the optimum size curves are ordered considering relevant sales history and consideration of styling intention. This will mean communicating with Junior Buyer where necessary.
- Make effective use of reporting to assist Head of Planning in the setting of monthly buy budgets by category based on pre-set board budget.
- Alert Head of Planning to any risks to achieving budgets. Provide ideas on how to improve performance.
- Manage continuity programmes by maintaining style planners. Consult and liaise effectively with Head of Planning and Head of Product/Buyer respectively to ensure business remains at optimum stock level in continuous style lines.
Please send your C.V along with a personalised cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 21st April