A rare and new opportunity has opened at our Auckland Head Office for a designer to work alongside our RUBY Creative Director and design team. This role will oversee the design and production of RUBY accessories, as well as being a fundamental part of the RUBY design development process.
The successful applicant must have 2-3 years experience in a similar role. If this sounds like you, please send your CV, personalised cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Monday 26th March.
- RUBY Creative Director, Deanna Didovich
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
- Design of the RUBY and Liam accessory, knitwear, and basic collections, under the direction of the RUBY Creative Director.
- Working with design team to understand seasonal collection inspirations, and develop ideas to complement the direction.
- Manage the production of accessories, ensuring the highest quality product is delivered in the most timely manner.
- Forecast and research current and future trends, and implement these through buy plans.
- Handling freight and delivery of accessory orders in the most economic way.
- Costing products and supplying buy team with accurate and cohesive costing sheets.
- Ensure that communication and processes are strong and efficient between the design, production and sales department.
- Ensure deadlines are met and that information is shared appropriately for the design to production process to run smoothly and efficiently.
- Continually look for new suppliers.
- Constantly strive to make sure we achieve the best margin for product and targets are being achieved and exceeded.
- Assist with merchandising plans for product when it reaches in store level.
- Assist on seasonal campaign and e-commerce shoots.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS OF THE ROLE
- Sample ranges completed on time.
- Meeting targets set by Buyer and Planners.
- Development of new product lines.
- 2-3 years experience in similar role.
- Experience dealing with offshore factories preferable
- Proficient in Excel, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Excellent hand-drawing skills for specification drawings.
- Understand of materials, both textiles and accessory mediums.
- Basic pattern-making skills and understanding of garment construction.
- Accurate with attention to detail.
- Decisive with impeccable time management skills
- Excellent communicator and able to relay instructions accurately.
- Skilled at managing people.
- Good time management skills and able to prioritise tasks.
- Excellent problem solving skills.