This amazing formal dress has flown out the door, so make sure you head in store or check it out online now!
Over the coming weeks we'll be sharing with you a few of the delicious recipes that featured in the Liam x Petite Kitchen Recipe Journal for those of you who missed out on getting yourself a journal in store!
With figs currently in season, this gluten-free Fig, Honey & Mascarpone Tart with Almond Crust is a must try at home.
You will need:
For the topping:
- 8-10 fresh figs, finely sliced into rounds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp boiling water
For the filling:
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 heaped tbsp honey
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the pie pastry:
- 2 1/2 cups of ground almonds
- 3 heaped tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a large bowl, combine the ground almonds, honey, coconut oil and water. Mix the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Press the dough evenly in to a greased tart pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until light brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Once cooled, carefully transfer the pie crust on to a large plate.
- In a small bowl, add the mascarpone, honey, lemon zest and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Spoon in to the pie crust, then smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Arrange the figs to cover the cream filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey and boiling water. Using a pastry brush, paint the figs until lovely and glossy.
We love these bold illustrations, done by the talented Lucy Han, of our RUBY and Liam autumn/winter 2013 collections.
We had a wee chat to Lucy about what inspires her....
How did you get in to illustration?
I've always loved drawing and have done so from a young age. I have been working for a while as a graphic designer and started an illustration blog on the side just for fun mainly.
What are your favourite things to draw?
Explain your style of illustration..
I would describe my style as simple, sketchy, graphic, and a little bit inspired by comics.
What are your three favourite RUBY and Liam pieces from our A/W 2013 collections?