There’s nothing we love more than enjoying a hot glass of aromatic mulled wine on a midwinter's evening to get a night going.
To celebrate the launch of our latest collection; Good Witch, Pre-Spring 17, we hosted an exclusive collection preview for family & friends at our flagship store, RUBY Teed Street.
We asked our great pals at the Tavern Of Power (Golden Dawn) to whip up a cauldron of their finest Mulled Wine to enjoy throughout the evening, and it did not disappoint.
To spice up your weekend, Golden Dawn has shared the potion for our favourite winter concoction. We can assure you, it's bold and enchanting aromas has the power to turn on any evening – enjoy x
Good Witch Mulled Wine by Golden Dawn
- 1.5L Red wine
- 100ml Stolen Dark Rum
- 150ml honey
- 3 cinnamon quills
- 5 star anise
- 15 cloves
- 1/2 vanilla bean
Place all ingredients into a pot.
Place on an element and bring ingredients to a simmer for 5 mins.
Drop temperature down and leave for 45mins.
Thanks GD - you're magical x
We were lucky enough to work with the wonderful Kiekie Stanners, Senior Makeup Artist at M.A.C Cosmetics, on our RUBY La Collezione, Pre-Fall 17 campaign shoot.
La Collezione's rich and sensual aesthetic was offset by a bronzed and glowing beauty look, fit for an Italian princess.
Kiekie shares with us a step-by-step guide to creating our La Collezione beauty look at home:
1) Prep the skin with Peachlite Strobe Cream before applying foundation to give a peach-filtered radiance to the skin
2) Even out skin tone by applying Studio Waterweight SPF 30 Foundation, and blending with a #170 Rounded Slant Brush
3) Sun-kiss the skin by brushing Bronze Cream Colour Base over the cheeks and on the temples with a #159 Duo Fibre Brush for an Italian-tan effect
4) Press Keep It Loose Casual Colour into the apples of the cheeks for a creamy peach flush
5) Highlight the high areas of the face with Improper Copper Cream Colour Base – on the cheekbones, over the bridge of the nose, and on the cupids bow
6) Create perfect 90’s full brows, by filling with Brunette Brow Duo shadows and a #212 Flat Definer Brush then setting in place with Bold Brunette Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set
7) Highlight eyes with a wash of Bamboom Paint Tube over the eye lid, with Melon Pigment pressed over the top.
8) Contour the outer corners of the eyes with a selection of warm browns from the Eye Shadow x 15: Warm Neutral palette and a #217 Blending Brush.
9) Sweep Instacurl Mascara through lashes to finish
10 ) Apply Shy Girl Lipstick for a pastel-peach lip
11) Use Peachlite Strobe Cream over the legs and shoulders for a bronzed glow that softly shimmers in natural light
Thanks Kiekie x
Want to craft the freshest, most delectable cocktail this summer? The Pink RUBY is now your go-to!
Stolen Rum, the absolute masters of the rum cocktail, have been kind enough to provide us with the recipe for their delicious Stolen Stock x Karma Cola summer drink, crafted for our recent RUBY x Pot Sticker Dumpling party in support of Breast Cancer Cure.
Get amongst the silly season with this little treat, all in the comfort of your own home.
Mix all the ingredients in a stolen cup
Top with the sparkling Karma Cola Raspberry & Lemon dry